Greetings from the Barnstorming Brain guy!

Hello good people, and thanks for finding your way to my humble blog.

I've written several blogs in the past, feeding content to them for awhile until something shiny came along and I got distracted. There was some good stuff there, and since I think recycling is important, I'll probably be recycling stuff from my old blogs to post on this one.

Right now, I'm very excited about the release of my VERY FIRST BOOK published by a REAL PUBLISHER!  It's called "Banstorming Babe--A Slugger's Bumpy Trek Across Small-Town America." 
It chronicles the story of Babe Ruth's early life and career, why he got in trouble in 1921, his turbulent 1922 season, and his Great Plains barnstorming tour with Bob Meusel a few days after the Yankees lost the 1922 World Series.  They played in Omaha, Denver, and Kansas City...but also obscure places like Sleepy Eye, Pratt, and Drumright. They kicked things off in Perry, Iowa on Friday October 13,1922.  And Babe Ruth struck out on a spitball...

I'm looking forward to promoting the book, doing some future library & book store presentations, having some media interviews, etc...  This has been a labor of love and I think the book will be enjoyed by both sports and history readers alike. 

And if you'd like to get an advance copy BEFORE the official release date of March 10th, I'll be hosting a Book Release party at Confluence Brewing on WEDNESDAY, FEB 22nd, from 5:30-7:30. We'll have hot dogs and ballpark food while it lasts. And Confluence offers several dozen great beers for your drinking pleasure (sorry, we can't cover your bar tab! I'm not Stephen King!)  I'm working on some more fun ideas for the party so stay tuned...:)

You can also email me for a book at timggrover@gmail.com if you can't make the party!

I want to thank Tony Paustian and all the great folks at BookPress Publishing for getting me through this whole process. I've be a writer for a long time, and I know I'm extremely lucky to have clicked with the first publisher I contacted. 

Thanks again for reading. That's it for now!  

Tim Grover

Comments